Monday, April 18, 2016

The Hebrew Language

I recently went to Tel Aviv to visit my brother Elie. While walking around on the streets of Israel, I didn't know what I should have been listening to because of the many sounds that occur at once. My ears were mostly focused on people speaking hebrew throughout the streets. It finally hit me, the Hebrew language. It fascinates me. It is truly the only language that is the language for a religion. Hebrew is the language of the Jewish people. I found it interesting that I came across this realization while being in Tel Aviv because it is the first Hebrew city that was founded in 1909. The Hebrew University was founded in 1918, 30 years before Israel finally became its own state. Hebrew is so important to the Jewish people and we will always have Hebrew even if we do not have Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment