Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Jewish Community in Chicago

As I talked about before on my blog, I do not fit into a specific Jewish community or synagogue. I have been brought up with many different Jewish views and I do not fit into one category. I chose to look into The Chicago Jews News calendar to see the upcoming fun Jewish events in Chicago. There are so many opportunities to meet new Jews, have fun, and help the community. One that stuck out to me was an upcoming event that was about rising anti-semitism on college campuses. While I have been in Israel, I have talked a lot about this subject. Not only because I am in Israel but because this is a common thing that occurs in a lot of places, and is mostly on college campuses. Being home and being able to still talk freely about this and converse with others about this would be very nice. I like knowing that when I go home, there will be many things that I can do to reconnect with Israel and or the Jewish community.

Going home is very scary to me. I am extremely nervous to go back because I do not know what I am going back to. I have been gone for almost 4 months and so much could have occurred within that time. One thing I am looking forward to in Chicago is having all of these opportunities to reconnect with Israel without being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment